The perfect scone recipe
These are literally the easiest & most delicious things to make, and you feel like you´re actually a super domesticated hands in the dough baker! My best tip is to wrap them up in a clean dish towel as soon as you take them out the oven. This keeps them warm and dry, without any condensation forming. Eat them warm with jam & clotted cream or keep them for up to 2 days & you can just warm them up in the oven or microwave. They´re the best!!!
Ingredients (for about 10 scones):
350g self-raising flour
1.5 teaspoons baking powder
1 tablespoon caster sugar
2 eggs (beaten lightly)
about 100 ml milk (maybe more)
1. Mix the flour & baking powder in a bowl
2. Rub in the butter until the mixture is like really fine breadcrumbs (or like fine crumble)
3. Mix in the sugar (about here I set the oven to 220C)
4. Add in nearly all of the eggs (save the rest to brush on top of the scones)
5. Add in the milk a little at a time & mix with a blunt-edged knife
6. Combine the mixture and put onto a lightly floured surface
7. At this point I literally knead the dough twice! (This makes a lighter scone)
8. Roll out the dough to about a finger in height, and cut out 10 round scones with the top of the glass.
9. Place on a floured baking tray, brush the tops with egg & bake for about 8 minutes
10. Serve with jam and clotted cream and be the queen of your gang!